Cancer Resources more cancer resource websites
- Commission for Health Improvement
- The Commission for Health Improvement's aim is to improve the quality of patient care in the NHS. For CHI the patient's experience of the NHS is at the heart of its work.
- Department of Health Publications
- the Department of Health's Internet service providing access to bibliographic details and the text of Departmental circulars including Executive Letters since 1997.
- Foundation of Nursing Studies
- The Foundation of Nursing Studies (FoNS) is a charity dedicated to supporting nurses to put nursing research into practice to improve patient care. We also support midwives, health visitors and other health professionals and student nurses.
- International Society of Nurses in Cancer Care (ISNCC)
- The International Society of Nurses in Cancer Care (ISNCC) was founded in 1984 and has over sixty member groups in twenty-five countries. ISNCC also has official relations with the World Health Organization, International Council of Nurses and the United Nations.
- National electronic Library for Health
- A new NHS website for health professionals providing up-to-date best practice information on diagnosis and treatment.
- National Health Service
- This is the official gateway to National Health Service organisations on the Internet.
- National Institute for Clinical Excellence
- The National Institute for Clinical Excellence was set up as a Special Health Authority for England and Wales on 1 April 1999.
It is part of the National Health Service (NHS), and its role is to provide patients, health professionals and the public with authoritative, robust and reliable guidance on current “best practice”.
- The new NHS Modernisation Agency is unique in the world in bringing together health care improvement and leadership development in one place.
- NHS National Nursing Leadership Project (UK)
- develop, support and commission leadership development for nurses and allied health professionals across the NHS
- NursingCenter.com (USA)
- NursingCenter.com is an interactive web community and portal created by nurses for nurses as a source of nursing information and content that is comprehensive, credible, convenient, and current.
- Nursing Education of America
- provides home study courses for nurses.
- Nursing Matters (USA)
- offers continuing nursing and medical education, certificates, and CEU's online.
- PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine, provides access to over 11 million MEDLINE citations
- Royal College of Nursing
- With more than 310 000 members, the RCN is the world’s largest professional union of nurses. The RCN is run by nurses for nurses, it campaigns on the part of the profession, and is a leading player in the development of nursing practice and standards of care.
- The University of Salford School of Nursing
- The School of Nursing is proud of its roots in the local health service and today retains close links with local NHS Trusts. The School works closely with clinicians from these Trusts and NHS purchasers of training in the planning, implementation and evaluation of sound educational and training programmes and provides an extensive mix of clinical experiences for students within general hospital, community, and specialist units in both the NHS and private sector organisations.
- UK Cochrane Centre
- The UK Cochrane Centre and the NHS Centre for Reviews and Dissemination are both part of the Information Systems Strategy of the NHS Research and Development Programme.
All rights reserved © 2015 - CancerStats - Cancer Statistics for the UK : Cancer Research UK